Hargiss Stringed Instruments provides all types of stringed instrument repairs and modifications. The list below covers some of the more common services we provide but certainly not all of them. John Hargiss has been building and repairing stringed instruments for well over thirty years so rest assured that your instrument is in good hands no matter what your wishes are. We will always be honest with you on wether it is financially wise to spend the money to repair a particular instrument.
Guitar Repair Rates
These prices are general ballpark figures, a general starting point. You must brings your instrument into the shop for a firm estimate. The estimate you are given may be higher or lower than the prices listed below.
The hourly shop rate is $60 per hour.
• Set Up ~ $90 plus cost of strings ~ Includes neck adjustment, action adjustment, minor fret work, tighten tuner screws and nuts, lubricate tuning machines, polish and restring
• Adjust Action Only ~ $60 ~ Includes neck adjustment and action adjustment, no fret work
• New Nut ~ $90 and up ~ If there are additional problems with the instrument, these may need to be addressed at an additional cost before a new nut will be installed
• Compensated Bone Saddle ~ $60 and up ~ additional issues with the instrument may need to be addressed at an additional cost before this repair can be completed
• Re-Glue Bridge ~ $120 ~ Remove, adjust and re-glue old bridge
• Replace Bridge ~ $180 plus materials ~ Includes bone saddle
• Handmade Bridge ~ $360 and up ~ Fabricate a replica bridge and install, includes bone saddle and action adjustment
• Replace Tuners ~ $30 and up ~ Many tuner options available
• Fret Leveling ~ $150 and up ~ Frets may need to be replaced if there is not enough height left to file
• Complete Re-Fret ~ $15 per fret plus set-up charge. Fret boards with binding are an additional cost, new nut or saddle may be required to complete the job appropriately
• Neck Re-Set ~ $300 and up ~ Removal of neck and re-cut to adjust action. Additional repairs may be required to complete the job appropriately
• Crack Repair ~ The instrument must be brought into the shop. The repair may require reinforcement. The process will include touch-up of appropriate finish.
• Headstock Crack ~ $150 and up ~ May require braces for extra reinforcement and will include touch-up of instrument finish.
• Pick-up Installation ~ $75 and up ~ Saddle will be re-sized for proper action and contact with pick-up, may require a new saddle
• Electronic Issues ~ Shop minimum
Instruments must be brought in for evaluation before a firm estimate is given.
We will not give estimates via email or over the phone.
Repairs generally can be completed within two weeks.
There is an additional $60 fee for rush jobs.